Nowadays it’s rare for homeowner’s to leave their walls stark white. With so many home improvement shows, DIY websites and blogs, people are inspired to take chances and express themselves with color.
One way to make the transition from bare walls to vibrant hues is by painting an accent wall.
Accent walls are a cheap, easy and fast way to personalize your space.
For around $40 for a gallon of paint you can transform your home.
Accent walls are perfect for renters. Some landlords require that when you move out, the home is put back to it’s original condition. By painting just a few select walls there is less area to paint back to white when you leave.
Here are a few tips to help you decide what colors to use and on which accent wall:
- Take a color from an art piece, throw pillow, couch or bedding
- If you decide to paint more than one wall in a room, paint walls on opposite sides
- Choose a color in the same color family
- Tint accent wall paint at least 50% darker than the color used in the majority of the room
- Draw attention to a unique architecture feature
- Accent walls aren’t limited to just walls. Painting your ceiling can bring an unexpected pop of color
- Go with a bold design in a small area by painting stripes, ombre, chevron or an abstract pattern
- Adding an accent color to a stairwell creates an opportunity to add character to an ordinary space
- Add glitter to the accent color in a child’s room
Depending on which color you select, you can make a subtle statement or have an impactful punch of color.
Maverick Painting offers 1 day painting in San Diego. Accent walls are on of many services provided by North County’s premiere painting contractor. For a free estimate please call 760-274-3373.
Visit Maverick Painting’s profile on Pinterest.